The city is 79,000 people in northern Colorado. The company's three foundry, the art museum and the sculpture's August exhibition have attracted many artists. The city is the main business center in northern Colorado.
The city is located just east of the entrance to the Big Thompson Gorge at the foot of a hilly area at the intersection of U.S. Expressway 34 and U.S. Expressway 287, in the Colorado front area. You can see the Long Mountains and the Front Range mountains from many parts of the city. The early farm reservoir in the area's irrigation system, Lake Labland, is located in the city and provides entertainment facilities for the citizens.
Located along the 34th U.S., one of the main access routes to Beauty Beauty Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, LaBrand can help tourists, especially in the summer. The city also serves as a "bedroom" community for commuters in different directions. In the Denver Metropolitan Area, in Boulder, Westminster, and elsewhere, and in the towns of Fort Collins (CSU), Greeley (UNC), and Boulder (CU).
The current Namak Park became the center of the French fur troper in the late 1700s. So in 1858, Mariano Medina built the first settlement in Fort Namakua. Trading post and stage station.
The company was founded along the Colorado Central Railway in 1877 and named after its president, William A. H. La Brand. It was built one mile (1.6 km) upstream of a small village in St. Louis, and the building was moved to the site of La Brand.
In the first half of the 20th century, towns were dependent on agriculture. The main crops in the area were molasses and sour cherries. In 1901, the Great Western Sugar Company built a factory in Roverland and remained as a source of employment until it was closed in 1977. In the late 1920s, the spring grade orchard was the largest cherry blossom orchard in the west of the Mississippi River. At that time, cherry trees produced more than a million dollars of cherry fruit a year. A series of droughts, an epidemic attack, and finally a murder freeze destroyed the industry. By 1960, cherries were not cultivated.
In the latter half of the 20th century, the economy became diversified due to the arrival of Hewlett Packard, Teresin and Hatch manufacturing facilities of water analysis equipment manufacturers. The new medical center added a lot of jobs to the field.
In 2013, historic flooding broke out in many parts of Colorado. It rained heavily for four days on end, and most rivers and rivers covered the banks. The Estes Park received 8-12 inches (200-300 mm) of rain and Lake Estes filled the bank. This caused a huge amount of water to be released from the dam, which caused the Big Thompson River to swell. Because of the flood, U.S. Route 34, the main highway from Labeland to Beauty Park, collapsed. There was a great flood in La Brand
|climate map (description)|
- Denver International Airport (DEN IATA). It is one of the major commercial airports near Denver, Colorado, and it offers flights from international and national locations. The Shamrock Airport Express service is in operation. About 60 miles south of the center of the city.
- Fort Collins/La Brand Airport (FNL IATA) From Las Vegas and Nevada, Alegiant Airlines and a private flight. It is about ten miles from the center of the city.
- Cheyenne Regional Airport (CYS IATA) in Chain, Wyoming. about 60 miles north of the center of the city.
The I-25 from the north (Fort Collins, Wyoming) or south (Denver, New Mexico) is the best highway. The U.S. Route 34 is the largest road from the east (Greiley) and west (Beauty Park).
The LaBrand has 475 works of art in its public art collection. The collection of art is mainly composed of sculptures, but it also houses Hira-works such as wall paintings. The sculptures in the town are more than 150 at Benson Sculpture Park in Labeland.
"Park Sculpture Exhibition" is held every August by the La Brand High Plain Art Council and exhibits works by American and world artists.
- At this park in Benson Sculpture Garden 29th Street, more than 100 permanent sculptures are on display.
- The art classes are held at the LaBrand Museum and Gallery (corner of Lincoln) and exhibits art and history exhibits. Don't miss the exhibition that includes all the annual stamps for the Valentine Email Program.
- Real Theater 228E.4th, +1 970 962-2120. Introduce 450-seat local theater groups, concerts and other movies and plays.
- Pothsalon & Spa 4116 N. Garfield Abe. (North La Brand, HW 287 Up and Right),☏+1 970 667-2646. M 9AM-3PM, Tu-Th 9AM-7PM, F Sa 9AM-4PM. A Daily Package (massage therapy, facserial, manicure/pedicure, paraffin zip, wax, hair cut, color, etc.) for $40-50.
festivals and holidays
- a sculpture of a park exhibition Every August, the LaBrand Highplanes Art Council hosts sculpture at the Park show in Benson Park. The show features artists from various media around the world.
- From 11:00 on July 4th, Kitako Park will be a celebration for the National Independence Day. Local dances and music groups are performed, and during the summer, children take miniature trains around the park. On that night, professional fireworks are set off on the Lake Roverland.
- Montmastyle, 238E 4th St, ☏ + 1 970 461-4780.
- LUX, 129 E 4th St, +1 970 663-4311.
- Little Tokyo, Lincoln (just north of No. 29) a delicious fast-food Japanese restaurant 5-7 dollars per person.
- Monaco Tolatria, 218E 4th St, 970 461-1889.
- The Terraza is not only a Gyros Greek diner, but also a 141E 4th, +1 970 663-9594.
- Henry's Pub, 234 E 4th St, +1 970 611-1896
- Shipporettes, 124E 4th St, +1 970 669-1699.
- Trinity 337 E 4th St.
- Fourth Street Shop House Fourth Street (just west of Garfield). I can't eat the best steak I've ever had, but it's by far the best in northern Colorado. All beef is matured for over three weeks and if you like beef, order it in a rare way. About $20 per person.
- Lorenzo (the King Supermarkets in the King Supermarkets parking lot). Come to eat the world's best New York-style pizza. Let's introduce ourselves to Larry Lorenzo, the great man who owns it. It's all right, but you may have a hard time not getting a pizza. If you need lunch at a low price, try a hippie roll!
- The Inglenook Restran (530 North Cleveland Ave) +1 970 461-1283. a continental diet Delicious food and atmosphere at an affordable price. It is usually quiet.
- Ristorante Damosso, 1120 N Lincoln Ave, +1 970 667-3678. Delicious food, atmosphere and affordable price. It might be the best Italian restaurant in LaBrand.
- Mexican restaurant in Adelita, Day 414 E.6, ☏ 970-669-9577. Great Margaritas. Basic and delicious Mexican food: Brittos, Enchiladas, Fajitas, and weekend specials. a cozy atmosphere less than $10.
- 29th: Saxe Beads Cafe (next to this post office)
- Coffee Tree: "Where Good Things Grow" (422E 4th St, +1 970 663-1885)
- Top Hat Lounge, 123 E 5th St, +1 970 667-0407. Live music and local scenes.
- Budget Host Inn, 2716 SE Frontage Rd (E of I-25, exit 254),☏+1 970 667-5202. $42-99.
- Comfort Inn 1500 N.Cheyenne Ave, +1 970 593-0100.
- Fairfield In, 1710 Fox Rail Dr, ☏+1 970 461-1000.
- Gateway Motel, 417 E E E Isenhower Blvd, +1 970 667-6486.
- Hampton Inn, 5500 Stone Creek Circle, +1 970 593-1400.
- Holiday Inn Express 1639 E.Eisenhower Blvd, +1 970 635-9500.
- Residence Inn, 5450 McWhinney Blvd, +1 970 622-7000.
- Super 8, 1655. Eisenhower Blvd, +1 970 663-0267.
- Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, 2939 N County Rd, +1 970 667-3915.
- Wildlane Bed & Breakfast Inn 5445 Wild Ln, 970 669-0303. This inn has six rooms. $95-196.
- Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, Greiley Colorado, Eighth Avenue 701st, Greeley, ☏ +1 970-353-8444
- The Downtown Loveland Association, 209 E 4th Street, Loveland, Colorado 80537
- The Loveland Chamber of Commerce 5400 Stone Creek Circle +1 970-667-6311.
- La Brandt, 500E 3rd Sen☏, 1 970 962-2000.
The following locations provide free WiFi Internet access.
- Coffee Tree: "Where Good Things Grow" (422E 4th St, +1 970 663-1885)
- Circle Moon Coffee House - 843 North Cleveland Avenue - +1 970 663-2774
- La Brand Coffee Company - 620 E 29th St - +1 970-278-1221
- Daz Bog Coffee - 1427N. Denver - +1 970-622-0031
- Daddy's Leek - 2279 W. Eisenhower - +1 970-635-0001
- City News and Coffee House - 601 Cleveland Ave
- Pashigo Italian Angelat - The Promenade Shoops at Centerra, 5971 Sky Pond Drive Ste C124 - +1 970-663-2323
- Perkins Family Restaurant - 2222 West Eisenhower Blvd- +1 970-663-1944
- Johnson's Corner - 2842 SE Frontage I-25 Exit 254 - +1970 667-2069
|Route via La Brand|
|Cheyenne (Cheyenne) - Fort Corin←||N S||→Bartwood → Denver|
|Granby Samarts Park←||W E||→ Grily → Fort Morgan|
|Laramie Samma←||N S||→Bartwood → Denver|